Obernewtyn.net is a free website, paid for and maintained by the web team of Obernewtyn.net - who are all, just like you, fans of the Obernewtyn Chronicles and Isobelle Carmody. We want you to have fun here and meet other Obernewtyn fans in a safe and non-threatening environment. So, please take note of the following:
- Guests cannot post on most of the boards, due to spammers. Members have access to all posts, and can post new threads - however - should you post obscenities, be rude to members, spam any of the boards, or harass any of our members in any way, either publicly or via the private messaging system, your membership will be revoked and your user name and IP address banned.
- The rating of all posts need to remain PG! Violate this rule and your post will be deleted (unless there is a very
good reason for it to exist, in the which case, a rating warning MUST be added to the title of the non-PG thread).
- Don't post single word replies
(unless it's stated to do so in a game in the Dining Hall). If you post a one-word reply on a non-game thread, it'll be deleted as it's a bit of a waste of everyone's time.
- Don't double post
; i.e., post a thread or reply to a thread, and then another reply straight after that. Instead, use the Edit functionality, edit your post, and add what you were about to post as a double post.
- Keep your user name and password safe! If you can't remember your login details, use the Forgot Password utility
, or contact one of the administrators and we'll help you out. DON'T just create a new user account - nobody is allowed to have more than one account without a very
If you feel anyone has violated these rules in their forum post, please use the "Report" option at the top of any offending post. If they have violated these rules anywhere else on the site (such as in a comment on a page), please PM a Master of Obernewtyn.Image Guidelines
If an image you post anywhere on the website is deemed to be offensive to a member or members it will be removed. If you need any help with re-sizing an image or need any other sort of image-based assistance, ask at the Image Help - request help with images here
- Please ensure that your signature fills an area no greater than 200 pixels
in height and 500 pixels
in width, in total.
- Any images posted within forum threads will be automatically downsized to a maximum width of 600px. Please downsize your images before posting, or email them to someone who knows how to do it. This we request on behalf of all members, in order to make sure loading times are reasonable.
- Don't use images that flash or flicker. These not only make it hard for people to read the boards but can also be dangerous to people who suffer from epilepsy. Animated images are fine, but within reason.Warnings, Bannings and Account Deletions
If any member of this site is seen to be acting in an inappropriate manner (in violation of the above Lores) the moderators will consider deleting your account and banning your IP address from being able to access the website.
We won't do this on a whim, though - the violation will have had to have been discussed at length with all parties involved and evidence supplied of said violations. Then, at least 3 moderators will have to agree on the offence before any action is taken.
On that happy note, please be aware that these regulations are only in place to make Obernewtyn.net a fun, safe, happy place for everyone.
If you're unsure about any portion of these rules, feel free to contact any of the moderators and we will discuss it with you. The Contact Us
page lists all of the ways you can get in touch with Obernewtyn.net if you have any questions, problems or concerns.
If you have any suggestions as to how we can make the site better, please start a thread on the Help Guides, Questions and Feedback
forum or PM a Master of Obernewtyn.