Limericks are whimsical poems. For this writing comp, we would like you to write Limericks which have a Carmodian twist. That is, they can include any character, place or thing that is present in one of Isobelle Carmody's wonderful novels.
Limericks have the following form:
- Lines 1, 2, and 5 have seven to ten syllables and rhyme with one another.
- Lines 3 and 4 have five to seven syllables and also rhyme with each other.
- For a true limerick, each of the 5 lines is of anapestic lines. An Anapest consists of 3 syllables, two short (unstressed) and one long (stressed).
There once was a young lady named bright
Whose speed was much faster than light
She set out one day
In a relative way
And returned on the previous night.
- Entries are open from now until the 31st of July, 2012!
- You may enter up to 3 poems
- Limericks are meant to be silly and fun, but not to mention funny! So remember to roll with it 8)
Guild pointage up for grabs:
All entries receive: 5 (for a maximum of 15 points)
No judges required - the winners will be determined through a poll that runs on the message board at the close of the competition.
Post your fanfiction directly to the Fanfiction
section of the site. Just make sure you select Limericks, Carmody Style
as the Category
, to ensure it ends up in the right place.
For a guide on how to submit a fanfic correctly, check out the Fanfiction FAQ
Don't worry about anyone taking your idea, as all entries will remain hidden from view until the closing date.
If you have any questions, or are confused about what to enter, post a comment below!