March-April's art comp is here and we're testing your creative streak more than ever!
With the Land turned upside down with the overthrow of the Council, Dardelan and his new council have decided it's time to brighten up Sutrium a bit!
Your task is to create an art piece that features at least one of the following items:
- An animal
The competition is open from now, until the [strike]14th[/strike] 30th April 2009
Cameo854, sueño viajando, Moondream[Do you want to be a judge? Read what's required here.]Submission Guidelines:
- Images must be submitted in .jpg, .png or .gif format. NO .BMPs!
Art is visually stimulating. Most art is created for a specific purpose and has a way of expressing the thoughts and ideas of people. Keep in mind this is an Obernewtyn fanart competition so don't forget to incorporate some themes! You don't have to use all the items but the more you use the more points you'll get!
An item does not necessarily have to be a predominant aspect. For example, maybe the apple is growing a tree?
Although the items have been listed, you do not have to use them in their traditional format. For example, you've been given 'stone' as an item to incorporate. This doesn't mean you have to make a statue - maybe you'll do a painting of a stone. Or a mosaic of stones? or perhaps an Obernewtyn character starting a new fashion trend of stones-for-hats! Sounds crazy? Well - it's creative and that's what we wanna see!
Also, you might not want to do 'just a painting' what about these ideas:
- Wearable art - what is the latest fashion trend of Sutrium?
- Perhaps a building gets a makeover?
- Does the Herder Cloister get a fish garden?
- A lovely still life?
If you're still stuck for ideas, you can base your Sutrium re-vamp on an image of an existing city, town, garden, portrait (eg: something like this
All entries will receive 5 guild points. Extra points
3-4 items = 1 guild point
4-5 items = 2 guild points
5-6 items = 3 guild points
7-8 items = 4 guild points
Plus an extra 2 points for the most create incorporation!Winners pointage:
You can enter as many times as you want, but only your first three
entries will get you points.Submit:
Once you're ready to submit your designs,
- Go to the Beautify Sutrium Gallery.
- Submit Media to the gallery. Ensure your USERNAME is in the image title somewhere, and ensure that you DON'T use any keyboard characters in your title other than a-z (capitals ok), 0-9, or _ (otherwise your entry will upload, but will not display).Be sure to list in your description of your piece what items you've incorporated so the judges can award your points!
If you have any questions about the competition, don't hesitate to ask in a comment below.