"How did reason come into the world? As is fitting, in an irrational manner, by accident. One will have to guess at it as at a riddle."
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Below are 15 riddles. Answer them to the best of your ability.
- What always runs but never walks, often murmurs, never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, has a mouth but never eats?
- At night they come without being fetched. By day they are lost without being stolen. What are they?
- The more you have of it, the less you see. What is it?
- All about, but cannot be seen, Can be captured, cannot be held, No throat, but can be heard.
- Each morning I appear To lie at your feet, All day I will follow No matter how fast you run, Yet I nearly perish In the midday sun.
- Say my name and I disappear. What am I?
- I am a box that holds keys without locks, yet they can unlock your soul. What am I?
- What question can you never honestly answer yes to?
- Remove six letters from this sequence to reveal a familiar English word. BSAINXLEATNTEARS.
- I'm white, I'm round, but not always around. Sometimes you see me, sometimes you don't. What am I?
- My first is twice in apple but not once in tart. My second is in liver but not in heart. My third is in giant and also in ghost. Whole I'm best, when I am roast. What am I?
- You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?
- What is in seasons, seconds, centuries and minutes but not in decades, years or days?
- Two in a corner, 1 in a room, 0 in a house, but 1 in a shelter. What am I?
- I appear in the morning but am always there.
You can never see me though I am everywhere.
By night I am gone, though I sometimes never was.
Nothing can defeat me but I am easily gone.
What am I?
~ To enter this competition ~
To enter, please type the solution next to it's respective number.
Points will be given for complete, correct answers only. No participation points will be awarded.
Remember to type 'Riddle Me This' in the subject box so that your entry is sorted correctly.