What is now becoming a traditional, Obernewtyn.net is running a competition for a 2012 calendar!
As per previous years, we are looking to select twelve pieces of artwork to feature in the 2012 calendar, and another to be the cover. Once completed, the calendar will be be made available to all members to purchase at the end of 2011 at our store
. Each Calendar sold will put about $1AUD toward Obernet's site fees and the rest of the price is the cost of the calendar itself (this is the minimum price possible at the zazzle store).
Competition is open from now, until the 1st November 2011
What you get for submitting artwork:
The Big Gain:
- Images need to be of your own creation and in no way, shape or form use copywrited images. If you use any copywrited images (from book covers to stock photos), your submission won't be included.
- Text/quotes should be avoided if possible, again due to copywrite issues. Anything we see as a potential breach of copywrite will be replaced by penguins! |:|
- Final images need to be 2200x1700px, and 300 dpi resolution, in the .png format. If you're not sure what this means, please download and use this template to ensure your design is the right size.
- Members need to have their designs covered all the way to the edge, even if it just some background colour. Please also make sure that any important details are kept within the first rectangle, again to ensure they are not omitted during final printing.
- When submitting your designs to the gallery, you will need to save and upload a 600 pixel max-width .jpg for previewing.
- You must be OKAY with the possibility that Obernet will use and publish your image in the calendar.
Your design gets printed and posted all around the world! Each image we receive will have a watermark added to the image somewhere, with your username on it.
The Small Gain:
a small amount of guild points for your first three entries. Since the focus of this competition is quality over quantity, we encourage members who are only serious about having their designs published to enter. We will award 5 guild points each for your first three entries into the competition (maximum of 15 points).
Finally, HOW to submit your designs:
If you've made it this far - and are still keen on entering - here's how!
How the winning designs will be chosen:
- Design your calendar image adhering to the submission guidelines
- Upload to your final image and your preview image to your image host of choice.
- Post your preview image here (using the [ img ] tags) and then a link to your full-sized version.
After the closing date of the artwork section of the competition has closed, details will be made available on how to vote for which pieces of artwork you would like to see featured for each month. This way, everyone on Obernet can enter, and anyone can win. It's a calendar for Obernewtyn.net members - voted by the members! ;)
If you have any questions about the Calendar competition or wish to discuss ideas with other members, please visit 'The 2012 Calendar Comp'
thread in Artistmerge.
Otherwise - get creative and upload that artwork!